Weight Management for Women
Hormones are responsible for the way your body functions, but your hormone levels naturally decline with age. Research shows that growth hormone production decreases at age 30, while women start to lose estrogen and men lose testosterone in their 40s. This is followed by a drop in progesterone, DHEA, parathyroid hormone, and calcitonin. Without the right balance of hormones, your body loses the ability to regulate the processes that lead to weight loss. This results in a slower metabolism, an increase in abdominal fat, and less energy for exercise.
Fortunately, through hormone replacement therapy, you can reverse your hormone imbalance and restore your ability to lose weight by simply replenishing the hormones you’ve lost. But not all hormones are created equal, so medical experts recommend selecting a hormone replacement therapy that uses bioidentical hormones rather than synthetic ones. Bioidentical hormones are preferred because they’re tailored to have the same molecular structure and biological effect as the hormones produced by your body. Research shows that bioidentical hormones may be safer and rarely cause side effects.*
Once you realize how various bioidentical hormones affect the way your body regulates your weight, you can understand why you need ample amounts of them. When added to a healthy diet and proper exercise, these hormones can help you take off the weight:
- Testosterone: This sex hormone produced by both men and women inhibits fat storage, especially in the abdomen. Low levels cause sugar cravings and may lead to insulin resistance.
- Estrone: This form of estrogen helps women control their appetite and sugar cravings.
- Progesterone: This sex hormone facilitates the conversion of stored body fat to energy. It is often used in HRT for women since an imbalance of progesterone causes women to overeat.
- DHEA: A hormone that promotes weight loss by increasing the body’s metabolism, preventing fat storage and decreasing the appetite for dietary fats.
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH): This hormone is needed to convert body fat into muscle mass. It also inhibits the production of body fat and decreases the visceral and subcutaneous fats.
- Insulin: In addition to regulating fat metabolism, this hormone causes glucose absorption in the liver, muscles and fat tissues.
- Incretin: This hormone helps ensure an appropriate insulin response after eating by preventing elevated glucagon levels, producing a sense of fullness, curbing food intake, and slowing the rate of gastric emptying.
By replenishing your ideal amounts of these hormones through bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, You can get your hormones back in balance and your weight loss back on track.**
Weight Management Specifically for you
Your weight loss program is designed specifically for you based on comprehensive lab testing, and body impedance analysis, BIA. Along with the interactive computer program, these will monitor how your metabolism and your body performs.
You will be offered smart and sensible meal choices and will even be shown how to prepare meals based on your personal tastes and medical profiles.
At all times, you will have a real-time analysis of where you came and where you are heading, backed by current medical guidelines that will lead you toward your successful weight.
A Lifestyle Coach, who is certified in Holistic Nutrition, will add personal interaction and provide the tools and support for the many changes you will go through in the program.
Regardless of your motivation to lose weight, the Health and Wellness Clinic USA medical team, lifestyle educators, & nutritionists will support your efforts to “win at losing”.
This program is truly the key to long-term success.
Every person we treat has a unique path that brought him or her to us in the first place.
Our privilege and pleasure is to work with you and gain your trust in developing a successful weight loss program that will change your health forever.
From the moment the experts at Health and Wellness Clinic USA take over the management of your weight loss, you will feel relief that a successful program is finally at hand.
Learn more about our weight management programs for men.