Hormone Replacement Therapy
In essence, male hormones define his masculine characteristics. The hormones make the man taller, stronger, and more muscular than women. They lower the tone of a man’s voice, give them a strong libido, and cause hair to grow on a man’s chest. Male hormones alter as a man ages, and understanding what actually happens is important to his health and well-being, as well as his desire to retain his masculinity.
Some Facts About Male Hormones:
The following are some things every man should know about his hormones, and hormone replacement therapy:
- Hundreds of hormones control the chemistry of your body. Without them, nothing in your body would work. Our hormone treatment programs address those hormones that most impact the client’s quality of life and aging process: testosterone, estrogen, thyroid, DHEA, and cortisol.
- Hormone treatment for men is safe if done correctly.
- All of the hormones mentioned above are important. But testosterone is the most important. Low T is responsible for most of the symptoms men experience during andropause.
- Male hormone therapy is healthy. Men feel significantly better 4 to 6 weeks after their hormones are balanced. And studies now show that balanced hormones result in a healthier body and mind, and less chronic illness (including Alzheimer’s) over time.
- Effective hormone treatment for men is about balance. One size does not fit all. Health and Wellness Clinic USA, your treatment program is individualized and designed just for you.
- Testing and retesting hormones at appropriate intervals is a critical component to any safe and optimal treatment plan.
Why Testing And Retesting Are So Important
While we rely heavily on how you tell us you feel (i.e. subjective information), testing and retesting your hormone levels is the only objective way we have of knowing exactly what is happening hormonally in your body.
For example: As men age and their hormones levels decline, they will often lose muscle mass, and gain fat. Fat contains an enzyme called aromatase. Aromatase works to convert testosterone to estrogen. The problem is that elevated estrogen leads to undesirable symptoms like low sex drive, and can increase your chances for developing prostate cancer. We counter this process by increasing testosterone, and by suppressing estrogen as necessary. After a 3 to 6 month period of having balanced hormones and a healthy lifestyle, men will lose fat, regain muscle, and as a result cease to have this conversion problem. Lab testing gives us the information we need to address this situation effectively.**
We can also make adjustments to treatment via retesting. For example, men will sometimes say that they feel great with their new healthy testosterone levels, but that they still lack an adequate sex drive. By retesting, we can make adjustments, and often solve the problem.
The bottom line: male hormone treatment could not be administered or managed properly without testing and retesting.
How Male Hormone Therapy Should Be Done:
At Health and Wellness Clinic USA, you can expect not only superior service and a passionate commitment to addressing your needs, but also unrivaled training and expertise among our physicians. The following is an example of what proper and safe hormone therapy looks like, and what you can expect from your Health and Wellness Clinic USA doctor:
- Our doctors perform lab testing, and interact with their patients to identify and get a sense of each individual’s hormone imbalances.
- Our doctors know andropause, and they know how to treat it effectively, and safely.
- Our doctors check all pertinent hormones: testosterone, thyroid, estrogen, and DHEA.
- Our doctors replace hormones to healthy therapeutic levels (roughly what you had when you were 25 to 30 years old).
- Our doctors monitor results via patient feedback, and by periodic retesting at regular intervals.
- Our doctors ensure good lifestyle habits by encouraging a healthy diet, physical activity, and managing stress.
If you would like to learn more about male hormone or women hormone treatment, please call us at 1-888-398-9487 and let us know how we can help you.*